We all know plumbing problems can be a huge headache, especially when they hit you by surprise.
However, dealing with a “handyman” or unlicensed strangers often make the problems worse and cost more money in the end. Follow these tips to maintain your Melbourne, Florida septic tank pumping.
Your home is a huge investment so always make sure you use a licensed contractor. More importantly, family safety is usually a first priority so you only want to let reputable people in your home. Sun Plumbing is licensed, insured and all our employees undergo through annual background checks.
Septic Tank Do’s:
- Know the location and capacity of your septic tank system.
- Have a licensed contractor inspect the tank at least every three years.
- Keep plumbing fixtures such as toilets and faucets in good repair to prevent leakage and wasting of water.
Septic Tank Don’ts:
- Never flush paper towels, newspapers, wrapping paper, rags or sticks into the system.
- Never allow large, irregular, intermittent or constant volumes of clear water into the system, as with a leaking toilet or faucet.
- Never over-use ordinary household cleaning chemicals that will be flushed into the system.
- Never allow grease or other bulky waste to enter the system.
- Never flush toxic materials such as pesticides into the system.
- Never plant trees or shrubbery over in drainfield.
- Never allow vehicles to drive across or park on the drainfield (Protect it from being crushed).
- Never use chemical solvents to clean plumbing lines or a septic tank system.
(Source: Florida Department of Health)